Tuesday, June 3, 2008

1 Month


Hello all! I'm sorry I've been out of touch lately. Things have been very crazy-busy here, and while I'm still taking Adipex and working on my weight loss, I just haven't had the time to tell you all about it! Since my last post, I traveled to Denver for a week for work (and fun), went through a little family stress, and have been coming to the end of a very long work project, with some deadlines looming. This will be a short post as I have to go buy a birthday present, but I wanted to catch you all up.

First things first--it seems that people at higher altitude weigh less. According to the scale at my hotel in Denver, on May 22 I was down 17 pounds. You can imagine how surprised I was to have my 1-month checkup yesterday, in which my official weight loss is only 11 pounds. While I'm very disappointed, my doctor says that's very good and she's not discouraged. (Of course she's not--she weighs about 90 pounds soaking wet!) I'm sure my time in Denver didn't help my progress. While I still ate very infrequently, I did eat more than I would have had I been home. I also went out more with friends. I did try to walk as much as possible. Guess I'd better start walking faster/harder!

There is good news, however. I can definitely see a change in my body, and in the way my clothes fit. While I may not be down as many pounds as I would like, I have lost almost a full dress size (almost). That's just as important to me. I still have a long way to go, but now I'm back home and more determined than ever!


Thanks to everyone for their support!

187 today,

Melissa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel!! Good to see you blogging again. Way to go, you look awesome in that photo too - sexy mama!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, girl! Keep up the good work. You look great(but you always did!). You have inspired me to stay on track with my weight loss goals.

Anonymous said...

check you out!! Hot Mama!!! How was Zach's B-day?
Nicole

Anonymous said...

I was starting to worry about you -you have been gone for a while - but I am really glad to see that your still trying - as I once told you I to have been taking the same med and lost 12 lbs in the frist 3 weeks but now its 3 weeks later and I have only lost 4 more lbs - but I am loosing inchs so I guess its how your body chooses to loose it all - there will be some weeks that you feel like its just not working - but then all of sudden you will see a drop - keep your head high and know there are alot of us out here watching you and keeping you in our prayers - keep up the wonderful job

Patty

Unknown said...

Hey Mel - Good to get an update. I was afraid the trip to Denver may have gotten you off track. Great picture!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! Thanks for posting your one month progress for all of us. It is so nice coming on your blog and seeing it has been updated. Congrats and I only hope your second month is just as good for you!!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I found your blog through your post on Webmd about Adipex. My doctor just wrote me a script for it, and I'm a little nervous about taking it! About the racing heart, etc. I'm 34,5'3" 194lbs with a BMI of 34. I'm pretty active and have PCOS... just can't lose the weight! How bad was your racing heart and how you were effected after a beer/cocktail?

Really enjoyed reading your blog. Keep up the great work, and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

Liz in Connecticut

web-betty said...

Hi Liz. To answer your question, I have been very fortunate and have not had any of the negative side effects. The first day on the med I definitely noticed an increase in energy, but after that I've had nice sustained energy all day--no racing heart.

I hope to hear back from you, to hear how you're doing and if you started the med. Good luck to you!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Well good to see you are on track and sounds like you met your goals which is always something to be very proud of.....I think you look amazing and you really had a glow about you the night we went to dinner.....keep up all the hard work...I am so proud to be your friend!! XOXOXO

NICOLE